Saturday, November 29, 2008

Random Thoughts on Various Subjects

1. BLOGGING IN ABSENTIA

I have been neglecting the CBlog here for quite awhile. Part of the reason is because I have been pouring a lot into the new SC Liberty Blog project. All of these are leisure time activities. (I have made a personal commitment to always keep politics on the sidelines. I do politics because I have to not because I want to.)

2. PARTNERSHIPS

My old man told me to never go into partnership, and that advice has been proven to me again and again. I pulled the plug on the SC Liberty Blog because it was apparent to me that I would be the only person working on the project. My partner on the project was not pleased with this, so I brought it back online. The result? I do all the work. I'm not upset over this because it is not a moneymaking venture. But it has been an interesting experiment in testing my dad's wisdom. My dad was right.

I don't believe in partnerships. Someone has to be in the driver's seat. Everyone else is along for the ride. I have seen this with my brother and his business travails. I've seen this with every major band in the world. Someone leads and the rest follow.

3. MARK SANFORD

I really like the governor here in SC. I don't agree with him on everything, but he is a quality individual both for style and substance and courage. I don't know if he will run for president, but he would do a lot for liberty if he ever got to the Oval Office.

4. CAROLINA vs. CLEMSON

If Spurrier doesn't win this game, USC should see about replacing him.

5. BCS

There is one thing Obama and I are agreed upon. The BCS should be scrapped and replaced with a playoff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment