Saturday, October 25, 2008

Random Thoughts on Various Subjects

1. SC LIBERTY BLOG

I am partnering with my friend Dean Smith on this project. I'd like to get more contributors on board, but I realize that most people won't jump on a bandwagon until it is a roaring success.

2. MADONNA

Madonna and Guy are splitting up. I wonder if A-Rod's dick played a role in all of this.

3. FEAR OF A BLACK PRESIDENT

I will tell you like it is. I've talked to a lot of white folks here in SC, and they have candidly told me that they don't want a "nigger in the White House." On the flip side, I don't think any of the black people I talk to believe me when I say the reason I'm not voting for Obama is strictly on policy grounds. A pox on both of them.

I'm not anymore afraid of Obama being president than I am of McCain being president. I just know it will get us out of Iraq which is an unqualified good thing in my book. But I also know that Obama is committed to "humanitarian interventions" which means we will be moving troops from Iraq to Darfur. Not a good thing.

I think it will be an interesting four years.

4. AC/DC

I haven't listened to Black Ice yet, but I will. I just like the way AC/DC has stuck to their roots and their principles. They are selling a CD, telling iTunes to piss off, and churning out straight ahead rock and roll. Metallica could learn something from Angus and the crew.

5. QUANTUM OF SOLACE

On the flip side, I'm glad that the producers of the James Bond series threw out the playbook and rebooted this franchise. The lesson? Bad ass always wins.

6. CLEMSON

CU alumni hated Bowden, and I think they will pay anything or do anything to get a winning coach. They expect nothing less than the ACC crown and a bowl game. Meanwhile, Spurrier basks in the lowered expectations at USC.

7. JIMMIE JOHNSON

What can you say? The guy and the team have it together. Kyle Busch's crew let it slip away. As for me, I am letting my support of Tony Stewart fade as I see him sliding into semi-retirement and his dreams of ownership. I will probably hop on the Earnhardt bandwagon now.

8. SARKOZY

I thought the French were getting it together when they elected Sarkozy, but Sarko is turning out to be another turncoat statist shithead. As always, fuck the French.

9. PALIN

She loaded up on pricey clothes and appeared on SNL. She knows McCain is going to lose. She also knows she is a winner. You will see more of her in the future.

10. BAILOUTS

I expect more bailouts. GM, Ford, and Chrysler are next. Sad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment