Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Invincible Summer

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me lay an invincible summer.
ALBERT CAMUS

I was pretty depressed yesterday, but I've got my head screwed on right today. I think I have to give up in order to come back stronger. Like Camus, I have discovered my invincible summer.

I don't know why darkness and despair come over me like it does. I fight it as hard as I can until I am give out. Then, I give up. In the process of giving up, I find new strength and new hope to carry on. Usually, it involves a new strategy or a new way of looking at things.

I think it helps to step back from the struggle and see it in a new light. I am amazed how much a little bit of fun and a good night's sleep can change your mood and even your view of life. I think things will get better for me because I want to try some new things. So, I'm back from the brink again. Undoubtedly, I will find myself in the downward spiral again, but there is hope even at the bottom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment