Monday, February 5, 2007

Super Bowl Weekend Recap

I feel asleep during the Super Bowl. It doesn't matter because I didn't have a dog in this hunt. It's good to see Manning get a ring and not be a Dan Marino.

In other football news, I am pleased that Brett Favre has decided to return for another season to break some records. IMHO, he is the finest fellow to ever play that position. The thing I most admire is his work ethic. The guy always shows up. Of course, I've probably jinxed him now, and he'll get a fluke injury in the preseason.

On Saturday night, I went to Monster Jam at the Colonial Center in Columbia. I've never seen such a high concentration of rednecks in one building. It was like a sea of hunter camouflage in the stands. The show was reasonably good, but there's only so much you can do in such a small space. Nevertheless, the crowd was huge. Monster trucks are big business, and 90% of them were there to see Gravedigger. (I'll have some pics in a future post when Tiff sends them to me.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment