Sunday, April 9, 2006

DVD- V for Vendetta

I finally got around to seeing V for Vendetta last night, and I was not disappointed. This is an outstanding movie.
 
I don't know if the folks behind this flick are libertarians, but they certainly aren't religious conservatives. V for Vendetta is thrilling and relentless as the masked hero enacts his revenge upon the government that terrorizes its people and malformed him. And what the movie gets right is that it is fear that the statists use to keep people in line both the threat of violence but also simple paranoia about things like terrorists and bird flu and what have you.
 
There aren't too many libertarian themed movies out there. The last one I saw was Serenity. But these flicks have delivered for me. Put against the backdrop of today, and we see their truth.
 
Definitely get the DVD.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment