Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Firefly/Serenity

I watched a mini-festival of Firefly on SciFi last night. This is a great show. I highly recommend it along with the movie.
 
People say this series is way better than Star Wars or Star Trek. Yet, few people know anything about it. The reason should be obvious. Firefly is for grown-ups. Between all the shooting, killing, sex, prostitution, and the atrocities of the Reavers (which include rape, eating people alive, and using their body parts as clothing and decoration), there's no way kids are ever going to be allowed to get into this show like they did with Star Wars and Star Trek.
 
Kids are a huge part of the entertainment market. As such, this is why I've decided to include children's lit as part of my writing project list. The success of Harry Potter and Lemony Snicket also show that you can do this area well without being all gooey and syrupy either. But back to my topic.
 
You really need to check out Firefly on SciFi and Serenity on DVD. You will be hooked. I guarantee it.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment