Thursday, September 20, 2012

Different & light long LC set

Early training
Morning session
DL 70kg: 10
DL 100kg: 5
DL 120kg: 5
DL 130kg: 5,5

Bench 80kg: 3,4,4,4,4

I warm up with light kb-swings before deadlift. I scaled down the deadlift a lot so that I can combine it with long cycle.

Then a big bacon sandwich and off to work.

Evening session
LCCJ 2x20kg: 13min / 75reps

SC jerk 2x20kg, 2x24kg,2x30kg: 3 reps each weight

The afternoon training was different. As I haven't made a long set in a while I tried a thirteen minute set with 20s. The first 5 minutes I made standard long cycle at 7 rpm. Then I slowed down for the remaining seven minutes. I tried the old rule of resting in hang, as well as in rack and lockout and tempo was only 5-6 rpm. It was nice and different. Not easy, but far below a max effort.

I finished with a few jerks with heavier bells - I have an idea that it prevents the heavier bells from feeling heavy next session if you have trained light.

0 comments:

Post a Comment