Sunday, December 20, 2009

9 Miscellaneous Tips

I have a lot of tips for improving your life, but they don't fit in any kind of category. So, here's a list of tips.


1. WASH YOUR DISHES BY HAND.

The dishwasher is not a labor saving device. If you have ever seen a coating of grime on the bottom of a glass you were drinking from, you understand that the dishwasher has yet to be invented. Dishwashers don't clean dishes. They heat them up and sanitize them including the dirt and the grime. Dishes that were almost clean will come out clean. Dishes that were dirty will come out almost clean. In the meantime, you are always running out of dishes because you are waiting to accumulate a full load. Despite having a dishwasher, I never use the thing.

I wash all my dishes by hand preferably after just using them. I tend to have the same plate, fork, spoon, cereal bowl, coffee cup, and drinking glass drying in the dish rack. The best way to wash dishes is the shower method. I let hot water run and use a soapy sponge to wash and rinse at the same time. I don't fill the sink with water that becomes a cesspool of food and grease and soap. As for dried on food, this is only a problem if you let dishes collect. Clean your dishes immediately after each meal, and this will not be a problem.

2. NEVER EAT IN THE CAR.

I have eaten many meals behind the wheel of the car. I have also had my car look like a trash dumpster and had ant infestations as the critters go after crums on the floorboard. As much as this multitasking activity might save in time, it trashes your car and marks you as a slob. The solution is simple. Quit treating your car like a dining area. If you don't have the time to stop and eat a sit down meal, you need to reconsider your lifestyle.

3. USE GROCERY BAGS FOR TRASH BAGS.

I buy the big hefty sacks for trash, but I find that I keep things cleaner by recycling my plastic grocery bags as trash bags and taking them out daily. Big bags are heavy and take time to fill. Small bags fill up immediately, and they have to be taken out immediately but with less strain. The result is less garbage in your home.

4. LEARN TO IGNORE PEOPLE.

People will take every moment that you give them, and the only way to have time for yourself is to ignore these people. This includes loved ones. We feel guilty for ignoring people and turning off the phone, but these people filch everything you have. They are never satisfied, so they will be just as miserable and empty the next time you see them as they are now. The only difference is that you got to enjoy time for yourself. Ignoring people takes nothing from the equation because the emptiness that needy people have is infinite.

There are two kinds of people in the world. There are those who can sit in an empty room, and it doesn't bother them. Then, there are those who can't be alone. EVER. These are the people you have to learn to ignore. If you don't, they will drive you batshit insane.

5. PUT CINNAMON IN YOUR COFFEE.

Cinnamon is supposed to be good for you, but I'm not a nutritionist. I don't fucking know. What I do know is that it vastly improves the flavor of the caffeinated sludge I make each morning.

6. USE GOOGLE READER.

This is one of the most insanely useful things Google ever devised. Before Google Reader, I would use email subscriptions to keep up with news and information. Needless to say, my email inbox was crammed full, and I never even got close to reading all the stuff I was getting. Then, I switched to using Google Reader which is blazingly fast. I just scroll through what has come in, and I spend more time reading instead of emptying clutter. I also don't need to surf to websites anymore to keep up-to-date. I just let the Google Reader collect it all for me.

7. MAKE GOOGLE YOUR HOMEPAGE.

There is no other site more vital to what you do than Google.

8. KEEP SUFFICIENT SPACE BETWEEN YOU AND THE CAR IN FRONT OF YOU.

This means not tailgating and being able to see the rear tires of the car in front of you at a stoplight or stop sign. People are clueless about how close they are to the car in front of them. If you can read their bumperstickers, you are too close. Back the fuck off.

9. SAVE YOUR CONDIMENTS.

I keep ketchup packets, fire sauce packets from Taco Bell, and what have you in my fridge in a container. The next time they forget to pack your shit, you won't have a fullcore meltdown when you get it home and see that the fastfoodtards fucked you. Besides, fire sauce tastes good on other shit, too.





0 comments:

Post a Comment