Saturday, June 14, 2008

Random Thoughts on Various Subjects

1. TIM RUSSERT

This came out of nowhere. Dead from a heart attack. I liked Russert. NBC lost a good one. There will be a huge hole at Meet the Press.

2. RON PAUL

Ron Paul called it quits, but the vows to keep on with a campaign for liberty and try to work within the GOP. Say what you will, no one has done more for libertarianism in terms of an election than Ron Paul. I voted for him, and he inspired a lot of people and their support.

I am a bit lost again. I can't deny that I am not overly enthusiastic about Bob Barr or the LP. I am very frustrated, and I am considering trying to go back and work within the GOP again to push the issues there. I think Ron Paul has given us a model to work from. I am divided between purity and pragmatism. Something for me to contemplate for the future.

3. GAS PRICES

It is hard to be enthusiastic about things when the price of gas is so high. I know all of this will work itself out, but I put the majority of the blame on a weak and inflated dollar. Ben Bernanke blows. He needs to ratchet up interest rates and force a recession. It is time to feel some sharp pain than this long drawn out misery.

0 comments:

Post a Comment