Saturday, June 28, 2008

Random Thoughts on Various Subjects

1. SCOTUS AND GUNS

Once in awhile, the SCOTUS gets it right, and they did so in striking down the DC gun ban. I think their reasoning is shaky as hell, but guns are an essential component to personal liberty. An armed citizenry is a free citizenry. Outlawing guns is stupid and hurts people while making them easy prey for criminals. I can only hope the SCOTUS will go further with gun rights.

2. SCOTUS AND CHILD RAPE

This is when the SCOTUS gets it wrong. Child rape is deserving of th death penalty. As it stands, most child rapists are going to be killed anyway. Putting them on death row and killing them with lethal injection is probably more humane than putting them into the general population or decades in protective custody. The reality is that there are few crimes that are more repugnant than raping a child. Monsters like this are not fit to live.

I am not a huge fan of the death penalty because I think innocent people have died because of judicial fuck ups. But I think it is a fitting punishment for murder and the rape of a child. I would personally love to kill all child rapists and molesters. My hatred for them is probably extreme, but it tears my heart in two to think there are children who suffer like this in the world.

3. GEORGE CARLIN

I am sad to lose a funny guy and a great freethinker. Carlin did what a great comedian should. He made you laugh, but he also challenged your thinking. This tradition hearkens back to the court jester who was the only one free to say what he thought. Carlin will be missed.

4. TIM RUSSERT

Russert was a good newsman. I thought he had shit for brains politically. But he did make the politicos sweat. For this, he will be missed.

5. RON PAUL

Like it or not, Ron Paul did more for the libertarian movement than any politician before him. He did way more than any LP presidential did or ever will do. I really think the Ron Paul way of working within a major party is the way to go. I think it is a better strategy than trying the third party route. I hope Bob Barr shakes things up in the fall, but I have to face facts. Bob Barr will be marginalized and forgotten. I think more people will write in for Ron Paul than will vote for Barr.

I'm not wasting my time on the LP anymore. I'm going to do like those religious shitheads have done and create trouble within the GOP until people listen to me and likeminded folks. Ron Paul is doing this, and I support him in this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment