Friday, March 14, 2008

Gordon Ramsay




I'm a huge fan of Gordon Ramsay, I think what he has done and what he is trying to acheive will never be match, my first impression of him though was very different.

I remember watching a Documentary series years ago, which was on the opening of his first restaurant, and thinking who does this guy think he is? I was disgusted at the treatment of his staff and wished that his Restaurant will be a big failure. I watched as he grabbed a little wee Frenchman, fired him for making one mistake and then literally threw him down the stairs, he then chased after him and try to push this guy off his bicycle. I watched as he scream at a waiter, who made the mistake of having a drink of water, to cool down after the air condition broke down.

Episode after Episode he seemed to get worse, he insulted the countries of all his staff, calling them for everything under the sun, he seemed just to be a big bully, who couldn't handle his temper.

Slowly though I have changed my opinion of the man. He's a perfectionist, who truly cares about any dish he serves to the public, he also has one part of his personality that most people should strive for, LOYALTY. He is true and Loyal to the people who work for him, and wants the best for those that give him 110%.

Don't get me wrong, I find abuse of staff in any field, repugnant, I worked at a certain fast food chain, where I was Verbally abused for three years, and it was sickening.

With Gordon though, he has seemed to toned this down, he is now about getting the best out of people and anyone who can get someone like myself who was basically just a meat and potato man to love good food, he must be doing something right.

0 comments:

Post a Comment