Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Q & A

Q: Are you turning your blog into a Catholic blog?

A: Nope.

My interests right now are with Catholicism, so this is what I write about now. At some point, my interests will go in a new direction, and I will write about that. But I've been doing this gig for some years now, and I have never not ever pigeonholed myself into blogging exclusively about a subject. The downside of this approach is that I have probably forfeited an opportunity to build a following such as what Leo Babauta has done with Zen Habits or Seth Godin with his blog about marketing. The upside is that I never run out of material.

Becoming a Catholic has been a seismic shift in my thinking because it affects my viewpoints on a variety of things both political and economic. Plus, my wife is always stimulating my thinking and making me look at things I never considered before. I would write more, but I am trying to process it all.

I have given some consideration to starting another blog about things I find true, good, and beautiful, but I tend to be overly ambitious and fail to complete these projects. Right now, keeping this project going while I tend to my reading takes all my resources, so I think I will take a more modest approach to my projects.

I'm sorry that this blog has become what it is currently, but 2012 has been a momentous year for me. At some point, I will settle into a boring routine again, but I am having too much fun at this time. All I can tell you is to stay tuned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment