Saturday, July 25, 2009

Blog Neglect and Other Shit

I have been neglecting my blog lately. Posting has been minimal, and very little of it has been original content. Most of my original content has been on the SC Liberty Blog and the Godless Columbia blog. I need to correct this and get back to my roots here at the CBlog.

In the news, Godless Columbia wants to change its name to something less offensive. I think this idea is stupid, but I'm not going to defect from the group if it happens. I don't give a fuck what other people think, and if anyone doesn't like the fact that I am not a deluded religious fucktard like they are, they can suck my dirty dick.

I am told that "godless" offends Wiccans and Christians in our group. This is like vegetarians getting offended because they found animal flesh at Outback Steakhouse. Meanwhile, certain venues wouldn't host our meetings because of our name. I don't have a problem with this because it is their right to do as they like with their property. They also have the right to kiss my ass.

What offends people is the fact that you don't believe in their delusion. Atheists are a reminder that there is no God. Freethinkers are an affront to ignorance. I do not find this surprising or alarming. Changing the name won't change these facts.

At some point in your life, you have to decide where you stand and take a stand and let the chips fall where they may. If this means losing friends and family, then fuck them. I'm quite content to let people do as they please so long as it doesn't hurt me, and they will extend me the same courtesy or suffer the consequences. At the end of the day, I don't want to rule over others, and they aren't going to rule over me.

In my affiliation with Godless, I have learned that most atheists are leftards and cowards. If you're thinking the nerd herd from high school, you would be correct. And like the nerd herd, these folks desperately want to be liked, and they can't understand why people don't like them. I think it is because it is hard to respect someone who licks your ass. Dropping the "Godless" name is definitely a tongue-to-brown eye move.

Am I militant? I don't think so. I reserve that term for people who use force. I'm not into that. I am simply outspoken. I believe in what I believe in, and I treat people the same way they treat me. I don't care if someone believes in religion. That is their right. But they aren't going to make me believe in it or make me feel bad because of it. And when some atheist proposes forcing something on a Christian through the "democratic" process, I am on the side of the Christian. I make a distinction between my preferences and my principles, and my principles always win out even when I don't like it.

I think atheists should have the courage to take a stand, respect the rights of others, and never use force unless force is used on them. You teach other people how you want to be treated. If you act like a coward, you will be treated that way. The wolves always go after the sheep, so don't be a sheep.

At some point, I will be tossed out of this group. There would definitely be some comedy in that. But there would be honor, too. Cowardice despises courage and will smash the mirror held up to it. Godless Columbia should consider changing its name to Chickenshit Atheists. The Wiccans might like that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment