Thursday, April 30, 2009

Pessimism in a Sea of Optimism

I must confess to a secret. I feel depressed. This started around the day Obama entered office, and it has steadily become worse. Meanwhile, the rest of the country is optimistic about Obama probably because they see a government check in their future. Ahhhh, the new American Dream. We all get to be on welfare.

The American people are idiots. Currently, I am thinking over material for a book I am going to call Libertopia. The book deals with one issue and seeks to answer one question. Why do people reject freedom in favor of tyranny? So far, my overall answer is that people are programmed for slavery. People exhibit reliable and repeatable behaviors that lead them to sacrifice their freedom. Barack Obama taps into this, and this is why he succeeds.

At some point, Obama will be seen for the fraud that he is. My personal assessment of the man is that he is an utter Machiavellian who speaks out of both sides of his mouth. He is the product of Chicago politics which has to be the most cynical pit in the USA. The man has not one ounce of sincerity in his whole body.

I am repulsed by the man, and I cannot fathom the love affair the public and the media have with him. But I remember when past presidents enjoyed surging popularity only to see it crash later. Obama's great talent is in avoiding any shit getting splattered on him. But sooner or later, people notice the smell and the brown stain on the back of the pants.

With Arlen Specter's betrayal of the GOP, Obama is going to get just about all of what we wants. Some moderate Democrats may say something, but the only thing now is to decide between Left and Far Left. Socialized medicine is a given along with higher taxes and a hostile environment to business. And I mustn't forget gas. Between inflation and the new gas tax that is coming, five dollars a gallon will probably come to pass.

There is hope. Midterm elections usually bring a backlash, and the GOP could be resurrected. But I have a sinking feeling that Republicans are down for the count. Small government folks are the minority though they are a vocal minority. Packaged the right way, there isn't a big government welfare program that the American public hasn't wanted. We are the next France.

I will stick to my guns, but I believe that freedom is a losing battle. A survey of history shows that humanity loves to be in chains. Liberty is an exception in a long story of tyranny. We are truly fucked.

0 comments:

Post a Comment