Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter in Tampere, Telia

My house is changing internet provider to the company Telia. Thus, I have no Internet connection at the present and this blog has been silent. Today I am at the countryside, where there is Internet connection.


Lovely Tampere Easter

Easter was spent with Antti at FKA in Tammerfors. Antti was kind enough to lodge me at his home and I had the possibillity to meet his very nice family.

We did several training sessions at my host's gym - for me it was very good to get a profound technique review of my snatch and jerk.

Especially, I have some technical points to improve with the snatch. Physically, my speed could be a lot better as well. We also had the time to work on some general stuff such as deadlift variations, OH-squats.

Antti also did some very inspiring sets with the 32s, where I had the possibillity to catch some points. You learn a lot working out with someone good in a calm stress free environment, no time limits, and where you can ask questions over and over.

Moreover, I trained with the new Leoko competition bells. Good stuff. Smooth quality and very well made. Good proportions and balance. Competition sports equipment quality level (I am bored of the misused term "pro" :-). But, more on Leoko later on.

When not training there was Antti's wife's good food, sightseeing, slacking. A bit like paradise in other words :-).

I also had the possibility to try the mustamakara, black sausage, of Tampere. That food is very strengthening and probably explains some of the recent Finnish GS-evolution.

As I got a quite heavy Easter gift from my Tampere hosts, I had to return to Sweden with ferry. The nature of the gift was not books, neither rocks, but something else. The crossing of the Baltic sea was quite a memorable travel too. Carrying the gift back made me quite sore, so I took some back off days this week.

To sum up, I think this turned out to be one of the best I Easters I have ever had.

0 comments:

Post a Comment