Sunday, September 28, 2008

Biting the Pillow

Washington is going to bail out Wall Street. This is a certainty now. We will get 24 hours to read the fine print, but do not fool yourself. You are going to take it hard and deep.

The government routinely blows money and destroys wealth, so $700 billion is no big deal. But everyone knows it won't stop there just like it didn't stop with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Bad economics will prevail, and we will all reap the consequences. Right now, I wonder if I should pull some spending money from my Wachovia account or whether there is someplace I can go to get gas for my car. I also have to listen to every shithead from politicians to pundits to Joe Schmo on the street opine on economics and talk as if they knew something. The sad reality is that they know zilch.

And so it goes. . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment