Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Michael Vick's Sentence: 23 Months in Prison, 3 Years Probation

Yesterday I did a Q/A on Michael Vick's sentence for SI.com. In addition to discussing the sentence--which will last for at least 20 and a half months--I discuss the prospect of Vick's state trial, the factors that will likely be considered by the U.S. Bureau of Prisons in where it decides to incarcerate Vick, and what Vick's supervised release following his prison sentence might entail. I interviewed Tom Hutchison, the chief of staff for the U.S. Parole Commission, for the piece, and he provided some great insight. I hope you have a chance to check it out.

I also contributed some comments to Jeff Barker for his piece in the Baltimore Sun on Vick's sentence. Barker also interviews University of Richmond law professor Carl Tobias.

0 comments:

Post a Comment