Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Dirtbag Divide

For the last week and a half, I have had to fill in at work for a record number of dirtbags who elected to call off instead of doing their jobs. I like getting the hours, but it has grown harder and harder for me to hide my contempt for these worthless pieces of shit.

There are two types of workers who fall on either side of the Dirtbag Divide (Continental Divide for slackers.) There are those like me who look to work and try earnestly to get the job done. Then there are those who look to get out of work and could care less if the job gets done. You either fall on one side or the other. There is no in between.

For dirtbags, work is a curse. They labor not out of love or even greed but merely because it is required. Their goal is to do the least amount possible and still get a paycheck. While on the job, they will whine, piss, and moan incessantly about the "injustice" of it all. The injustice is that they have to do something to earn that paper.

The other sign of a dirtbag is that they are always critical of the good workers. Good workers are "suckers." The reality is that they make the dirtbags look like the dirtbags that they are.

I have a low tolerance for dirtbags. They make everyone's job harder including their own. But as mad as I get at these worthless fucks, I must remind myself that they persist in the workplace because management tolerates them. Ultimately, all I can do is the job given to me. If management refuses to do their jobs, there's nothing else for me to do. I just know that I could never be a dirtbag.

0 comments:

Post a Comment