Saturday, January 12, 2008

2007-The Year in Review

I don't really know what to say about 2007. It was a wild year for me. I started dating a woman I ended up liking a whole lot. Then, I got fired. Then, I got rehired at the same place. Then, I got dumped which was devastating to me. Then, I met a new woman who I am very pleased with. She encouraged me to reconcile with my father, and I did.

I'd like to say more about 2007, but I can't. It was a typical year for me marked by both highs and lows. I can say that I feel that I have not achieved anything or really learned anything new. I am still happy, but I am learning how to reconcile that happiness while being in a committed relationship.

I have said that I do not believe in love, and that is still true to a certain extent. But I know that there is more than one kind of love. The love I seek is what psychologists call "companionate love." Don't get me wrong. I think my current girlfriend is a major hottie. But she adds an extra dimension that I have never had before in a relationship. She is my friend. She is honest with me and with herself. She is mature. And she has the same cautious feelings as I do. She is very good to me and very good for me.

I don't know where things will go in 2008, but I am anticipating a real breakout year this year. I feel very energized and positive going forward. Naturally, this is the thrill of many good intentions, but I think I might put some feet on them for once. Things are very good for me right now. I am enjoying life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment