Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Message to Mark Martin: "Shit or Get Off the Pot"

I am getting fed up watching interviews with NASCAR driver Mark Martin. The man can't make up his mind about whether or not to keep driving Nextel Cup. He says he will retire. Then, he says he won't. Then, he says he might "semi-retire." WTF?!

I'm not a big believer in retirement. But in sports, it is something that has to be faced and accepted. I don't think Mark Martin is too old to race. Stock car racing is far more forgiving to maturity than something like tennis. I think if Dale Earnhardt had lived he would still be on the track today at 50+ years. And I think he would be as competitive as ever.

It won't bother me a bit if Martin decides to hang it up, but the man needs to make up his fucking mind and live with the consequences. I don't see how doublemindedness helps anybody.

0 comments:

Post a Comment