Monday, November 1, 2004

"And the peasants rejoice..." I am back from traveling and I am very disoriented. My body clock is about seven hours off, I am jet-lagged and I am just really confused. I got off the plane and someone said that the Red Sox had won the World Series. I must be more tired than I thought...



Living in Boston right now is quite the site. I thought the town went nuts after the ALCS comeback, but everyone seems to be on a high after the World Series victory. What does this mean for the world? Is the Apocalypse upon us? How will Red Sox fans deal with the success? And why have all of the pictures I have seen of celebrating fans been of 20-year olds. Wow, what misery for you -- 8 to 10 years of heartache. Please. I want to see an interview with the 90 year-old who just knew he was going to die without seeing the Sox win it all. Or the man whose father and grandfather both died without seeing a championship. These are the die-hards.



On a more whimsical note, does anyone think that there will be a lot of babies born in Boston at the end of July 2005? We will have to wait and see.



PS: Can anyone tell me where the title of this post comes from? Hint: It's from a TV show. The prize will be incredible, you can count on that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment